While companies need to make the decision about investing money to upgrade legacy software, everyone should be considering the following steps to reduce the risk of downloading ransomware:
- Do not open emails from someone you do not know or trust.
- Never open an attachment within an email from a company or person you do not know.
- Never click on a link inside of an email.
- Never reply to SPAM emails.
- Always use a SPAM filter/ Anti- Virus software.
Utilize these tips to protect yourselves and your technology. Cyber attacks are an increasing risk and it is better to be prepared and safe.